Gaston Mbonglou, Consulting (Chief Operations Officer) is a senior executive experienced in U.S and international markets, with a proven track record in business strategy, operations management and information technology. He has proven ability in business management and exceptional performance in helping organizations optimize productivity, efficiency and profitability by leveraging technology and business process improvement. In addition to his role as Principal at UASG Advisors, Gaston is VP of service delivery at MW2 consulting, a company focusing on the design, build and operation of mission critical business applications for fortune 1000 companies.
Prior to joining MW2 in 2006, Gaston held multiple management and senior management positions at KPMG and BearingPoint, a global system integrator. Gaston is a serial entrepreneur and has launched multiple startups during the last 10 years.
Gaston is also a co-author of the “Accelerating Business Growth in Emerging Economies framework,” a strategy centered on capacity building through entrepreneurship programs, technology, business enablement and bilateral trade growth. The framework is geared toward governments of emerging economies to help them build the necessary capacities to create jobs, compete in the global economy and attract foreign investors.
Gaston has a PhD and a Master Degree in Computer Science from the University of Technology of Dresden, Germany. In addition, he was teaching assistant at the same university from 1992 to 1996. Since 2004, Gaston has held the position of Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of Maryland University College, School of Information technology teaching capstone classes. Gaston is fluent in English, French and German.
- Assisted the largest German Telco carrier ($62billion) design a market entry strategy for EMEA. The project entailed identifying acquisition opportunities in the multi-billion dollar European Telco market, defining the best product mix in target markets and creating an execution plan for C-Level executives
- Designed an order processing and management software package for telecommunication carriers that enabled revenue creation of ~$1 billion
- Assisted a $750 billion government agency review and streamline partner facing processes and achieved 10% saving
- Streamlined operations and finance processes of a major European city (~$30billion in budget) that resulted in 30% cost savings across the board
- Assisted a $100billion computer manufacturer design and implement a complex demand and supply system that provided seamless integration with its reseller and distributor channel; reduced the average order processing time by 40% and significantly decreased order errors and returns, thus allowing resellers to improve profits by maintaining a much smaller inventory
- Advised C-level executives of a $150million global organization on large technology projects (ERP, Identity management, CRM, DR, ECM…) and business process improvement engagements resulting in 200% sales growth over 5 years
- Managed the implementation and launch of a $10M corporate eBusiness solution for a multi-billion dollar global high-tech company. The goal was to provide a single eBusiness platform for sales, marketing and business partners
- Advised key LOBs of a major US bank on how to leverage Business Service Management (BSM), IT Service Management (ITSM) and Business Process Redesign to improve monitoring capabilities of critical applications across the globe, streamline the monitoring landscape and achieve operational efficiency
- Redesigned Business Processes and the IT strategy for a US city strategically located in the New York area with the goal of reducing operating costs and improving service to citizens and business through 24/7 online service offering and back office automation
Africa-Focused Activities & Achievements
For the last 4 years, Dr. Mbonglou has worked diligently on developing entrepreneurship capacities in Cameroon and driving bilateral trade between the US and Central Africa at large. His contribution has enabled job creation and also contributed to growing trade between the US and Cameroon. To date, the company he has co-founded (UASG advisors) has
- Designed and implemented a software package for a major African regulatory institution to improve its ability to audit insurance companies. Project resulted in 30% more audit per year and the ability to quickly act upon non-compliant companies
- Trained more than 2000 businesses and entrepreneurs in Cameroon. Many have launched new businesses or achieved significant growth
- Launched an entrepreneur magazine for sharing US entrepreneurs skills with local businesses and entrepreneurs in Cameroon
- Launched an eNewsletter focused on the US market to provide business news and opportunities to US corporations interested in Cameroon
- Launched the first business database geared toward global markets to help Cameroon businesses present themselves on the global market and find investors or partners in the US and the world at large
- Teamed up with top Cameroon Universities and the Cameroon chamber of Commerce to build 3 incubation centers throughout the country focusing on: Entrepreneurship training, entrepreneur coaching and enabling outsourcing in central Africa.
- Launched the US-Cameroon Chamber of Commerce, a non-for profit institution focusing on driving bilateral trade between the US & Cameroon
- Enabled multiple trade missions between Cameroon and the U.S
- Supported efforts to revive the sister city relationship between Douala and Yaoundé, actions that resulted in the recent visit of the Government Delegate to Douala (Mayor equivalent) to Philadelphia to meet Mayor Michael Nutter and strengthen the relationship between both cities
- Advised the Cameroon government’s business school (ENAM-National School of Administration and Magistracy) on new curriculum for future managers. Focus was on management, finances, healthcare management, technology and public administration. This effort resulted in multiple MOUs with major US Universities enabling 30+ public service managers to visit US universities and attend selected courses and certificate programs.
Gaston is fluent in French, English and German and speaks 4 local Cameroon languages.